Construction Project Accountant
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Project Accountant to join our growing organization. This role is responsible for the project billing process in its entirety. In this position, you will work closely with Project Managers (PM) to monitor the financial progress of projects, including:
- Review contract documents in anticipation of setting up new projects in our Sage accounting system.
- Set up new projects in Sage.
- Review PM logs with Project Managers to accurately enter take-offs and SOVs into accounting system based on project pricing.
- Prepare pencil requisitions and final invoices for billable projects, including all backup for approval by the PM and others.
- Identify and investigate budget variances; work with PM to resolve.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain billing folders for all projects, with all appropriate documents, including expenses, subcontractor invoices and monthly invoices with standard procedures.
- Track subcontract amounts, change order values to vendors based on input from PM. It is expected that the Project Accountant maintain a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues and work with the PM to resolve.
- Perform weekly review of vendor invoices to select those ready for payment based on project status.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special projects for the Business Manager, Project manager and Ownership.
- Ensure prompt and accurate month-end project reconciliation.
- Work with PMs and Business Manager on project close-out.
- Work with Senior Accountant on AP reports.
- Prepare special project cost reports for Business Manager and Project Managers
- Work with Business Office staff on month-end closing special projects
This position reports to the Business Manager
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
Knowledge of Sage 100 is highly desired
Knowledge of construction project accounting, AIA billing and WIP reports highly desired
5 years accounting experience; 1 year project accounting experience
Working at JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc. is a unique experience unrivaled in the industry. We consider our employees the winning strategy in our company’s success. JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc. Project Superintendents work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local clients that seek us for our expertise.
We offer very competitive benefits, including:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, & Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k, Roth)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Flexible Spending accounts for commuting, child care and senior care
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks