Construction Project Superintendent
JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc. seeks an experienced Project Superintendent. Project Superintendents are directly responsible for the supervision, coordination, scheduling, and control of all field activities of subcontractors and suppliers. They oversee project safety and quality control programs in the field, ensuring that the project is constructed as specified and according to state and federal regulations. Superintendents are part of a team that ensures the client is absolutely satisfied with their final product. They will consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that exceed client expectations. We provide our superintendents with the necessary support and resources to excel in their role and make sure all projects are completed to the highest standard. Our superintendents are an integral part of the project team and become involved with projects during the pre-construction phase. As a senior member of the team, superintendents are also responsible for assisting in the professional growth of team members and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Work in partnership with project manager to identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope during pre-construction phase
- Participate in development and final review of scope, buy-out and schedule
- Research, review and address any owner, landlord, city/state requirement or procedure to avoid project delays, ensure safety, and/or ensure client satisfaction
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
- Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
- Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives, also work with and mentor assistant superintendent, JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc.’s labor and carpentry staff
- Uphold JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc.’s Values.
- 5+ years experience both in union and non-union environments
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Experience in computer technology
- Experience in supporting a rapidly growing organization around the complexities of executing work in Boston and its surrounding areas.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas: high end corporate tenant interiors, renovation, retail chains, flagship and high end boutiques, and fine dining.
- Project experience should include interior renovation, renovation work in occupied and unoccupied environments, urban and suburban work locations, and a complete understanding of high level finishes, structural steel and concrete
- OSHA training desirable
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisor’s License desirable
- Occasional travel is required, could extend beyond the Boston area.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Working at JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc. is a unique experience unrivaled in the industry. We consider our employees the winning strategy in our company’s success. JDL Corporate Interiors, Inc. Project Superintendents work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local clients that seek us for our expertise.
We offer very competitive benefits, including:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, & Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k, Roth)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Flexible Spending accounts for commuting, child care and senior care
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks